Lively discussion is welcome here, but if you think your comment might offend someone please read the following guidelines before posting.
Please bear in mind this is a personal blog and not an online discussion forum. I reserve the right to have the final say, or remove any comments I find offensive.
- Please be respectful to others who read this blog.
- Don’t post hate messages or be abusive. Avoid racism, sexism, homophobia and personal attacks.
- If you’re here for the Everest bashing then you’re in the wrong place.
- Stay on topic. If your comment relates to a different blog post, then please comment on that post rather than this one.
- Try and keep comments concise and avoid rambling.
- Please post in English. Linking to a site in another language is fine, but it’s helpful if you can provide a Google translated version – there’s a handy translation tool here.
- A bit of swearing is fine if used for comedy value, but try not to be excessive.
- Don’t promote products, services or publications not relevant to the discussion. If you promote your own stuff then it may be seen as spam.
- Don’t break the law.
- Don’t post personal information such as addresses, phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
- Having a sense of humour helps, provided your jokes are in good taste.