I value your privacy and try my best not to collect unnecessary information about you or your browsing habits. This isn’t always easy, as I also want to provide good content, and sometimes other services collect information too.
Here, to the best of my knowledge, is a summary of the data and information being collected by this website. You can see a full list of all the cookies here.
- The software will save a small file to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the site.
- It will not store, save or collect personal information.
- You can refuse to accept the cookie by changing the settings in your web browser. You can delete it from your computer by clearing the browser cache.
- To find out how to do this and learn more about what cookies are, see the AboutCookies.org website.
- Site usage data is stored by Google for a period of three years and then deleted.
- Some blog posts on this website include embedded content from other websites, including:
- Instagram posts. See Instagram’s data policy.
- Embedded content from another website behaves as though you had visited that website.
- If you don’t like this then you can improve privacy by logging out of these websites and/or disabling cookies in your web browser.
- I operate a newsletter to notify readers of new blog posts and provide occasional updates about my books and writing. This is sent approximately once a week.
- I will only send you this newsletter if you requested it via the signup form.
- Your address will remain stored on the mailing list until you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in a newsletter email.
- The signup form will ask for your name and email address. The newsletter software is provided by MailChimp, and includes tracking facilities to monitor activity.
- I do not share your details with anyone else, and I certainly won’t sell your email address to other people so that they can spam you with marketing info you have not requested.
Blog post comments
- The blog section of this website allows readers to comment on posts. These comments are moderated in line with a set of commenting guidelines.
- The form also collects your IP address and information about which web browser you are using to assist with automatic spam detection.
- I do not share your details with anyone else, and nor will I add them to any mailing lists.
- If you prefer not to provide your email address then you can also comment anonymously (but don’t expect a response).
- Comments are considered to be part of a blog post, so they will remain stored until such time as the post is deleted.
- If you would like to have any comments that you posted removed from this website or anonymised, then please request it via the contact form and I will remove them as soon as I can.
- If you send a message using this website’s contact form, it will send an email to my Hotmail address.
- This email will be stored securely by Microsoft until I delete it. When I do this will depend on the nature of our correspondence, and whether I am required to store it for legal reasons.
- Unless there is substantial follow up, I delete most messages a few days after our correspondence has ended.
- For more information, see Microsoft’s privacy statement.
List of cookies
Here’s a full list of all the cookies used on this website. To edit click Settings
|CONSENT||16 years 4 months 19 days 15 hours 21 minutes||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos. They register anonymous statistical data on for example how many times the video is displayed and what settings are used for playback.No sensitive data is collected unless you log in to your google account, in that case your choices are linked with your account, for example if you click “like” on a video.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|csm-hit||never||This cookie is set by the provider Amazon. This cookie is used to identify the product viewed by the user. Thus it helps the website to promote related products.|
|IDE||1 year 24 days||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|session-id||14 years 4 months 19 days||No description available.|
|session-id-time||14 years 4 months 19 days||No description available.|
|test_cookie||15 minutes||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.|
|YSC||session||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos.|
|_ga||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gat_UA-2941241-1||1 minute||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.|
|_gid||1 day||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.|